Well As Expected - Congress Is Up To It's Old Games!
Well, the smell of Mitt Romney's hair gel, and Meg Whitman's perfume barely cleared the room before the Democrats released their version of a stimulous package, so much for listening to testamony in order to make things better, and of course the thing is loaded with spending goodies that have nothing to do with righting the economy.
Despite the many promises that Republicans would be involved, not even Minority Leader John Boehner was consulted.
"This is the first time Republicans and the American people have seen any specifics on the proposal congressional Democrats intend to pass, and what we’re seeing is disappointing.
The plan released this morning by congressional Democrats was developed with no Republican input and appears to be grounded in the flawed notion that we can simply borrow and spend our way back to prosperity.
It calls for more than half a trillion dollars in questionable new government spending on programs and projects, while providing less tax relief for middle-class families and small businesses than President-elect Obama has proposed."
Some of the disturbing items JB discovered upon an initial review were the following;
- $600 million for new cars for the federal government (Need to get the new administration and it's minions around in style)
- $1 billion “to minimize undercounting of minority groups” in the 2010 census (Need to re-elect Barry)
- $400 million for NASA for global warming (Need to perpetuate the myth so we can get even more money)
- $400 million for “National Treasures” (Where we can put all the Obama memorabilia)
- $6 billion for colleges/universities, many of which have massive billion dollar endowments (Keep those young student voters and old Marxist proffesors happy)
- $166 billion in direct aid to states, many of which have failed to budget wisely (Democratic PORK)
- $650 million more for digital television conversation coupons (Effective lobbying of democrats)